Monday, September 30, 2013

EYELINER AND OTHER STUFF



Eye makeup is fun but it does change over the years along with one’s face. 

I'm told my eyes are my best feature, and for years I’ve enhanced them.  In the early years, too much.  What worked fifty years ago when I was 27 looks overdone now.  A light touch and subtle colors work well today.


Eyeliner takes a bit of practice.  A hard black line needs the smudge effect.  Black eyeliner is hard to work with, anyway.  Go for a dark brown. It gives a softer look.


For years I didn’t use mascara.  I didn’t think it would make any difference. It does and I use it now. Years ago I tried false eyelashes. They were very noticeable especially when one kept falling off!   I’m sure they work much better now but I’ve lost interest in them.



Eye shadows are beautiful now. The shades of beige, brown and gray are flattering and easy to apply.  Forget the shiny, iridescent colors; they only magnify imperfections.

Photo credit: ⊰❀ A Garden Waltz ❀⊱ / Foter / CC BY



My mother had an eyelash curler.  I was fascinated by it and thought it was some sort of torture instrument.  I’ve never used one but in lieu of false eyelashes an eyelash curler would be a good option.

A magnifying makeup mirror is an absolute necessity when applying eye makeup.  A regular mirror just doesn’t do it!

If you would like to respond, just click the link below that refers to “comment.”

Next Post, Next Monday.

Thanks for stopping by!

Joan



























2 comments:

  1. I remember buying a lot of Mary Quant makeup in London back in the day - it was all about the eyes! Nowadays, not so much. The eyelash curler - one of our nieces won't leave the house without having used it! I don't think I ever tried one. Eyeliner - once in awhile though I'm never sure if it ever looks right so I generally stick with just mascara. I won't leave the house without lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my friends use to joke about how she wouldn't leave the house without "lining her eyes" first. Now that I think about it, I rarely do, either - eyeliner is a wonderful invention!

    ReplyDelete