Monday, July 22, 2013

There's No Time Like the Present -- But I Do Miss These


Don’t dwell in the past thinking things were better back then.  Actually in many respects they weren’t.  But you still miss things that you loved that aren’t there anymore. I’ve thought of some:




1949 Studebaker Convertible.  Mine was blue.  I owned it in 1952.  








Air travel was enjoyable.  It was an event.




Photo by Raoul



Lightening bugs, also known as fire flies were abundant and added delight to summer evenings.

Photo credit: Neon Hallway / Foter / CC BY-NC-SA





Holiday Magazine.  The 1st issue was in March, 1946.  Great photography and wonderful stories.



Photo by Raoul





My family's 1820's home in Ohio.  Torn down to make way for a shopping center.






Generations of my dogs.





Youth Hostels in Europe, for 35 cents per night.  Really!




Photo credit: Joan - BlogBizBuzz / Foter / CC BY-NC-SA





Card games at the supper table.  Gin Rummy and Michigan were popular.




Photo credit: Natesh Ramasamy / Foter / CC BY



If you would like to respond, just click the link below that refers to "comments."

Next Post, Next Monday.

Thanks for stopping by!

Joan



1 comment:

  1. You don't have lightning bugs? I thought it was just out west that we don't have them. I always wished my grandchildren could experience that. Such memories! Still not over the house being torn down. So funny you should mention Holiday magazine. For some reason I was thinking about them a month or so ago and checked eBay to see if I could get any back issues. The answer is yes! Haven't actually ordered any but thinking about it. Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete