Monday, July 8, 2013

Wear What Pleases You


You may have spent your life up to this point dressing to please other people, but when you’re over 70 you can wear anything you like,  but try to be adventurous.  At most you will be accused of being eccentric, and that’s not bad.


  Sleeveless tops don’t work for me but if you have upper arms like Michelle Obama, go for it!







Photo credit: MissBlythe / Foter / CC BY-NC-ND







If you’ve always wanted a tattoo and know what you want, now is the time.  Ten years ago I had a celtic tattoo done on my wrist.  It’s been a great conversation piece ever since.  I’ve never regretted it.

Photo by Raoul






I’ve always found high heels awkward for walking and besides, they hurt.  Be comfortable, whatever you wear.




Photo credit: legshowoff / Foter / CC BY-NC-ND










Wrap your hair in a turban style with a gauzy scarf.  Works for bad hair days and it actually looks great!





Photo by Raoul



If you would like to make a comment, please do!

Thanks for stopping by!

Joan





5 comments:

  1. I always find it amusing to watch women at airports teetering down the concourse in high heels. It always looks like a twisted ankle just waiting to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your blog. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  3. I quit wearing high heels in my 30's. Gave up the 1/2 to 1 " heels in my 40's. Now I am only comfortable in croc's. The joys of aging. LOL But I love the tip about the scarf/turban. But you should see the movie "Soap Dish" with Kevin Klein and Sally Fields. You will get a real kick out of her response to being put in a turban!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. High heels - ha! I can hardly remember the last time I had a pair, maybe 1970? And they were nothing compared to the killer spikes they have now.

    ReplyDelete