Monday, August 19, 2013

4 BOOKS 4 MORE INFO


Self help books for fashion and beauty are fun to read.  A lot of this stuff you probably already know, but there’re always a couple of tips that make you think, “I could do that!”

HARPERS BAZAAR FABULOUS AT EVERY AGE
BY Nandini D’Souza
Edited by Jenny Barnett
Hearst Books
$19.95
Some of these ensembles make me wish I were starting all over again, clothes-wise! I would buy things from each age group except the 20s.

HOW NOT TO LOOK OLD
by Charla Krupp
Hachette Press
$15.99
After reading this book, I was sad to learn Charla Krupp had died just recently from breast cancer at age 58. She was a very savvy lady and her book was entertaining to read.  My favorite chapter was “The Top 25 Clothes That Just Gotta Go.”

STAGING YOUR COMEBACK- A COMPLETE BEAUTY REVIVAL FOR
WOMEN OVER 45
BY Christopher Hopkins-the Makeover Guy
Health Communications, Inc.
$22.95
It’s astonishing what a good hair style, up to date makeup, and the right clothes can do for these women in his “before and after” photos. Being less obvious is the key.

HOW TO LOOK EXPENSIVE
by Andrea Pomerantz Lustig
Gotham Books
$25.00
This is about what you look like and what you can afford to look like.  Expensive makeup worth it?  How to apply fake eyelashes  and “bling” does not make you look expensive. Lots of tips to make you look chic without depleting your checkbook!


If you would like to respond, just click the link below that refers to “comment.”

Next Post, Next Monday.

Thanks for stopping by!

Joan


2 comments:

  1. I love looking through these kind of books and I just requested them from the library (while eating my Greek yoghurt!) As for not looking old I think short gray hair just screams "I'm old and no longer care." But I may be wrong. Looking forward to reading these, thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really intrigued by the "Top 25 Clothes That Just Gotta Go!" Am guessing overalls, Crocs, stirrup pants, acid-washed jeans, "mom" jeans, and anything that doesn't actually fit the wearer as a good starting point!

    ReplyDelete