Monday, August 26, 2013

HAIR ' TIZ


Hair- what the heck to do with it!  Sometimes it’s easier to just pull it back and what about all that “gray”?  Some reminiscences about our  “crowning glory”  and as we get older the challenges thereof.


I’ve had bangs all my life.  My father would cut them too short!


Photo credit: Yai&JR / Foter / CC BY-NC-ND Photo credit: Yai&JR / Foter / 





When I was in high school I bleached my bangs with peroxide.  The nuns were horrified.  


Photo credit: lisbokt / Foter / CC BY-NC-ND





I had curly hair when I was little. For 70 years it has been straight and now the gray hair is coming in curly!





Gray hair is fine but if you’re going to keep it make sure you have a great haircut to go with it.

Photo credit: Arno Meintjes Wildlife / Foter / puzzlemaster / Foter /








Forget the frizzy perms.



 Photo credit: puzzlemaster / Foter / CC BY CC BY href="http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/2.0/">CC BY-NC







Unless your hair is  very oily don’t wash it every day.  Besides it styles better when it’s a little dirty.






Photo credit: WalkerSister / Foter / CC BY-NC-ND




With gray hair how about some silver highlights?











Don’t worry about Botox for your forehead- cut bangs!

Photo credit: Charles Williams / Foter / CC BY





Hair is very forgiving.  I’ve had fun with mine over the years-blonde, brunette, redhead and it’s all still there!



Photo credit: Anel Rosas / Foter / CC BY-SA




If you would like to respond, just click the link below that refers to “comment.”

Next Post, Next Monday.

Thanks for stopping by!

Joan

























3 comments:

  1. Hair! I'm still trying "not to look old" from last week. Though I have to say I'm not giving up my mom jeans, though out here ladies of a certain age prefer to call them Western-style! But that's okay as I notice you haven't given up your Uggs either. :-)

    But back to hair - I tried how to give yourself a salon blow-dry from "How to look Expensive." Nice! So that's how they do it! But it was time-consuming. Love your Botox/bangs comment. So true. I've had bangs all my life too and I once read that's how to take 10 years off your age - cut some bangs. Guess we're ahead of the game! Nice post as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK Lost Roses- I loved your comments "still trying not to look old" from last week! Uggs are perfect to spend the winter in when you live beside Lake Ontario! They're also tailor made for ladies with a bunion. I guess the bangs will still be there even when I'm a little old lady.Wait til you see next week's post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of you is adorable Joan!
    -Cat

    ReplyDelete